Welcome back to GESS! We hope you had a relaxing and enjoyable Spring Break. Here in the Library we are looking forward to an activity-packed week for our annual Reading Festival, which will take place from 23 – 27 April 2018. As announced before the holidays, we will be welcoming ‘Drei ??? Kids’ author Boris Pfeiffer to both our school campuses – and that is just one of the highlights of the festival. Here are just a few of the other exciting events on offer:
- Book-related online quizzes, so your kids can dazzle their friends with their knowledge!
- Book recommendation walls for the children to make suggestions for books they would love to see in our library.
- Mystery readers at the Primary School library.
- The Drop Everything And Read (DEAR) Challenge - from 10:00am to 10:10am on Thursday 26 April. The whole school will stop what they are doing, pick up a book and read for ten minutes! Why not set a reminder and join in at home?
- Short Story Writing Competition at the Main Campus – this year’s theme is ‘Bad Choices Make Good Stories’ and there are movie, book and pizza vouchers to be won! Our budding authors are invited to submit their short stories (300 words or fewer) by 25 May. Winners will be announced on 22 June.
To round off the week we will also have the popular Book Face Photo Booth at the Main Campus and Book Character Dress-up Day at the Primary School on Friday 27 April – always colourful, creative and fun events! We look forward to seeing the children’s costumes and perhaps surprising them with a few of our own!