About GESS

Travel Through Time

2018

Official Opening Ceremmony of Campus

On 13 September 2018, we held the official opening ceremony of our new campus which was graced by the likes of Minister for Foreign Affairs Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, State Secretary of the Federal Foreign Office (Germany) Andreas Michaelis, EU Ambassador to Singapore Barbara Plinkert, German Ambassador to Singapore Dr Ulrich Sante President and CEO of Daimler SEA, Mr Wolfgang Huppenbauer, who participated in the event as a representative of all the businesses that have contributed towards the construction of our campus. We were honoured to have such esteemed guests on our campus and receive their sincere well wishes even as we embark on this new chapter.

2018

New Campus opens

First day of school at the new Campus at Dairy Farm Lane on 16. August 2018.

Student count: 1650

2016

Groundbreaking new campus

On 9 May 2016 the GESS' Groundbreaking Ceremony took place to announce the development of our new campus. The Groundbreaking Ceremony took place on Dairy Farm Road and was attended by Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Dr Michael Pulch, European Union Ambassador to Singapore, Dr Michael Witter, Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany to Singapore.

2013

First German Language Diploma (DSD2)

First European Section graduates to complete the DSD2 (Deutsches Sprachdiplom).

2012

COIS Accreditation

Accreditation by the Council of International Schools (COIS)

2012

First "Deutsche Internationale Abiturprüfung"

German Section students graduated with the DIAP (Deutsche Internationale Abiturprüfung) for the first time.

2011

First German Language Diploma (DSD1)

First German Language Diplomas (DSD1) were
handed out to students of the European Section.

2009

Excellent German School Abroad

First German school in Asia to be accredited as “Excellent German School Abroad” and “IB World School”.

2008

Campus on Jalan Jurong Kechil

Primary School and parts of Preschool moved into the new campus on Jalan Jurong Kechil

Student Count: 1000 Students

2005

GESS becomes International School

Attained international school status with the launch of English IB Curriculum.

1990

Extension of Main Campus

Construction of Block D, E,F and G on the Main Campus.

1989

First German Abitur

First German Abitur (German High School Diploma).

Student Count: 500 Students

1985

Campus BukitTinggi Road​

Opening of new campus on Bukit Tinggi Road

1975

German School Abroad​

Officially recognised as a German School Abroad

Student Count: 230 Students

1973

Move to Chatsworth Road​

Relocation to a “Black and White House” on Chatsworth Road

Student Count: 100 Students

1971

First day of School

First School Day at Jalan Kampong Chantek with 6 students

Student Count: 6 Students