Payment terms and conditions
- Tuition fees, Development Levy and material and excursion fees will be invoiced twice yearly. Any other charges (special support program, examinations fees, etc.) will be invoiced as and when they occur.
- Invoices are due for payment within 30 days from the invoice date. School fees are required to be paid on, or before, the due date or through Singapore Interbank GIRO. Payment details and GIRO forms are available from the school's Finance Department and on GESS’ website.
- GIRO payment option is available over five monthly deductions per semester.
An entrance fee payment is required upon submission of an application form. The entrance fee consists of an enrolment fee of S$2,000.00 and non-refundable administrative fee of S$945.00 (incl. prevailing GST). An invoice for the entrance fee will not be issued in advance however, a receipt can be provided upon request.
The enrolment fee will only be refunded in the following circumstances
- Student is not accepted due to the results of the student evaluation
- Application is withdrawn by written notice because a student is still waitlisted on the intended enrolment date
- Application is withdrawn by written notice before a place has been offered
The enrolment fee will be forfeited where a place is offered to the applicant but not accepted or if the application is withdrawn by written notice after a place has been offered.
The Development Levy is payable in respect of every student other than those attending the Parent-Child Groups and the Toddler Group. The Development Levy is an annual payment of S$4,890.00 (incl. prevailing GST) payable in two equal installments and invoiced together with tuition fees. For the third child onwards and from the second year onwards, the Development Levy will be charged at S$2,445.00.
Enrolment during a school year
If and when a student enrolls during the school year, a proportional tuition fee shall be payable, calculated as per the table below:
||Share of annual tuition fee payable:
Any student, who is enrolled in the School for not more than six months, shall pay tuition fees according to the short term fee structures (GESS School fee structure).
|Tuition fees will be charged as follows for short term enrolments:
||Tuition fees chargeable:
|1st to 20th day of the month
||1 month fee
|21st to end of the month
||½ month fee
||Tuition fees chargeable
|1st to 10th day of the month
||½ month fee
|11th to end of the month
||1 month fee
Payment and delay thereof
- Tuition fees are payable for a whole semester in advance. Fees are not refundable in whole or in part.
- Payment of invoices for tuition fees and ‘extras’ (such as learning resources, school excursions/class trips) shall be due within 30 days from the date of invoice.
- The Principal reserves the right to refuse access to school facilities and lessons to students, whose invoices have not been fully settled. GESS further reserves the right to withhold any school reports or related documents in such cases.
- Failure to pay the invoices on the due date may result in termination of the student contract.
- GESS reserves the right to impose compound interest charge on overdue invoices at the rate of 8% per annum.
- GIRO payments are deducted by the 15th of each month. If a GIRO payment cannot be processed or is rejected due to insufficient funds, a $50 admin surcharge will be charged. The failed installment will need to be paid via cash or cheque within seven days from notice. Failure to settle the amount within seven days may be treated as non-payment of fees and the student contract will be terminated.
- Responsibility for payment of invoices: settlement of fees is the joint and several responsibilities of each signatory of the application form.
- An agreement with a third party to pay the fees or any other sum due to the school does not release parents from any liability under these terms and conditions.
- Any costs/expenses/charges incurred with the enforcement of this bye-law, including legal costs, shall be borne by the parents on a full indemnity basis.
- Written notice of withdrawal from GESS must be submitted to the Admissions Department, not later than 31st October for Semester 1 and 30th April for Semester 2. Failure to give adequate notice may result in the fees for the following semester failing due.
- Additional rules and regulations regarding terms and conditions are available in the School Bye-Law and School Fee Bye-Law documents from GESS Administration.
- Termination according to Section 4.2 of the School Bye-Law, shall take effect at the end of the school semester (January, July). All tuition and other fees shall be payable in full until the end of the school semester; there shall not be any proportionate refund.
- For termination during the cooling off period as per No. 2.3 of the student contract, all fees paid in advance will be refunded in full, excluding the non-refundable registration fees as per the school’s Terms and Conditions.